- Meringue Powder Instructions:
- Royal Icing (Dry Hard Icing): Into ½ cup cold water, beat ¼ cup meringue powder until peaks form. Then beat in 4 cups sifted confectioners sugar until desired consistency. Add more sugar for stiffer icing. To keep icing soft, add 3 drops glycerin.
- Buttercream Icing (Creamy Soft Icing): Dissolve ¾ cup of granular sugar in ½ cup boiling water. Cool and add ¼ cup of meringue powder and beat to peak. Stir in 1 pound sifted confectioner’s sugar and beat until mixed well: Mix in 2 to 2½ cups white vegetable shortening.
- Boiled Icing: Dissolve and boil at high heat (240º), 2 cups granular sugar in ¾ cups water, ¼ cup corn syrup and small pinch salt. Dissolve and whip ⅜ cup (6 TBLS) meringue powder in one cup cold water: add 1 cup granular sugar while beating meringue mix: slowly add boiled syrup. Then whip at high speed until cool.
- Meringue Topping (For Meringue Shells, Pie Toppings): Dissolve ¾ cup granular sugar in ½ cup boiling water, cool. Add ¼ cup meringue powder and beat into high peaks.
- Hints: Keep utensils grease free. Icings may be refrigerated in airtight containers, beat again before using. Cover bowl and tube ends with damp cloth. Try meringue powder in cookies, drinks, desserts and other recipes where a light, frothy consistency is desired. Flavor and color to suit.
- Shelf Life: 1 year if kept cool and dry
- Certified Kosher
Crown Bakery Supply has almost everything you need to create beautiful cakes, cupcakes, cookies, candies, and more for any event! Not only do we have the essentials for making cakes, we have the necessary tools to assemble mind-blowing creations! The possibilities are endless with creativity and the proper tools!